EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: fairbridge 2019
"Georgia Fields dreams in fantastic Technicolor." ★★★★ – The Sydney Morning Herald
Brimming with an intoxicating melodicism, Georgia Fields is one of our brightest voices in modern indie-folk. Her critically acclaimed songcraft draws on influences as far-reaching as Greek mythology, lunar folklore and the succulent anatomy of citrus fruits. Georgia's captivating solo show is full of wit and wonder, as she wields an eclectic palette of sounds – from vintage casios and shimmering omnichords, to vocal loops, percussion and electric guitar. "The evocative songstress paints entire worlds with her tunes" (Frankie Magazine).
Based in Melbourne, Georgia Fields has been performing, producing and releasing original music independently for over a decade. Following the release of her acclaimed 2007 debut EP Drama on the High Seas of Emotion (with over 700 album covers lovingly hand-made from vintage Little Golden Books), Georgia assembled her 11-piece 'Mini-Indie-Orchestra', performed on national television for SBS’ RocKwiz, and continues to tour nationally. Her 2010 self-titled Georgia Fields LP was named Album of the Week for ABC Radio National and Beat Magazine. 2016's highly anticipated Astral Debris album was produced in collaboration with Tim Shiel (Gotye; Spirit Level Records), and featured on PBS and Triple R community radio, garnering critical acclaim including a 4-star review in The Sydney Morning Herald.
Ever the sonic shape-shifter, in 2017 Georgia unveiled Afloat, Adrift: a stunning retrospective mini-album recorded live with The Andromeda String Quartet. Raw and visceral, yet sweeping with an old-world romance, Afloat, Adrift features new string quartet arrangements of material spanning her 10-year career. This wildly evocative collision-of-worlds sees Fields’ unmistakable indie-pop charm combine with Andromeda’s artful and ethereal string accompaniment in a breathtaking, immersive live show.
Georgia is currently working on her third full-length album, due for release late 2019.
Stream Georgia's entire discography on her Bandcamp page.
- Festival of Voices, Hobart: solo showcase as part of the 'Up Close & Personal' series at Rosny Barn (2018).
- National 'Sky and Sea' tour: 19 performances across six states states and territories, including a headline performance at Queensland's NightQuarter main stage (outdoor event with over 1,000 in attendance) (2017).
- Leaps & Bounds Festival, Melbourne: The Gasometer Hotel main room (2016).
- ACMI, Melbourne: performance with string quartet for the 'David Bowie Is...' exhibition (2015).
- Melbourne Music Week: live collaboration with string quintet from the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (2013).
- The Famous Spiegeltent, Arts Centre Melbourne: sold out headline show (2012).
- National television appearance on SBS' RocKwiz, alongside Normie Rowe (2011).
- Apollo Bay Music Festival: main stage with 11-piece 'Mini-Indie-Orchestra' (2011).
- Queenscliff Music Festival (2008).
- St Kilda Festival (2007, 2009).