HAPPY WANDERER FESTIVAL APPLICATION
"Georgia Fields dreams in fantastic Technicolor. Darkly-coded collisions of fairytale and myth... Plain speaking love songs swelling with strings... Irrepressible pop." ★★★★ – The Sydney Morning Herald
Georgia Fields’ postcard-perfect pop combines the astral with the ordinary, earning her a reputation as one of Australia’s brightest independent singer-songwriters. Brimming with an intoxicating melodicism, Fields’ stellar songcraft draws on influences as far-reaching as Greek mythology, lunar folklore and the succulent anatomy of citrus fruits. Her captivating live show is full of wit and wonder: “intelligent, seductive and touched by a vividly-blooming magic” (The Autumn Roses, USA).
Georgia Fields has been performing, producing and releasing original music independently for over a decade. Since the release of her acclaimed 2007 debut EP Drama on the High Seas of Emotion (with over 700 album covers lovingly hand-made from vintage Little Golden Books), Fields has toured with her 11-piece 'Mini-Indie-Orchestra', performed on the main stages of Queenscliff Music Festival and Apollo Bay Music Festival, and sung duets with some of Australia's most beloved luminaries, such as folk-pop doyenne Clare Bowditch, national treasure Angie Hart (frente!), and grunge rock pioneer Kim Salmon. Her 2010 self-titled Georgia Fields LP was named Album of the Week for ABC Radio National and Beat Magazine. 2016's highly anticipated Astral Debris album was featured on PBS and Triple R community radio, and awarded four stars by The Sydney Morning Herald who declared, "Georgia Fields dreams in fantastic Technicolor".
- Afloat, Adrift album launch with The Andromeda String Quartet at Kew Court House, Melbourne (2017).
- East-cost Afloat, Adrift tour with string quartet, including a performance at Sydney's boutique live music series 'High Tea' (SOLD OUT + waiting list) (2017).
- Performance at ACMI Melbourne for the 'David Bowie Is...' exhibition, on tour from the V&A in London. Fields was commissioned to re-orchestrate David Bowie's seminal 'Ziggy Stardust' album for strings + voice and perform the album in its entirety with string quartet in the iconic ACMI lightwell (2015).
- Live performance with string quintet from the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra for Melbourne Music Week (2013).
- Headline show with string quartet at The Famous Spiegeltent, Arts Centre Melbourne (SOLD OUT) (2012).
- National television appearance on SBS' RocKwiz, alongside Normie Rowe (2011).
- Main stage performance at Apollo Bay Music Festival with 11-piece 'Mini-Indie-Orchestra' (2011).
- Main stage appearance at Queenscliff Music Festival with RocKwiz Live, alongside Kim Salmon, Talei Wolfgramm, and Alexander Gow (Oh Mercy) (2012).
- Multiple appearances at Queenscliff Music Festival with 9-piece 'Mini-Indie-Orchestra' (2008).
- Multiple appearances at St Kilda Festival (2007 and 2009).