MAJORS CREEK festival application – support materials
"Georgia Fields dreams in fantastic Technicolor. ★★★★" – The Sydney Morning Herald
Brimming with an intoxicating melodicism, Georgia is one of Melbourne’s brightest voices in modern indie-folk. Her critically-acclaimed songcraft draws on influences as far reaching as Greek mythology, lunar folklore and the succulent anatomy of citrus fruits. Georgia’s captivating solo show is full of wit and wonder: "intelligent, seductive, and touched by a gracefully-blooming magic" (Autumn Roses, USA).
Georgia Fields has been performing, producing and releasing original music independently for over a decade. Since the release of her acclaimed 2007 debut EP Drama on the High Seas of Emotion (with over 700 album covers lovingly hand-made from vintage Little Golden Books), Fields assembled her 11-piece 'Mini-Indie-Orchestra', performed on national television for SBS’ RocKwiz, and continues to tour nationally. Her 2010 self-titled Georgia Fields LP was named Album of the Week for ABC Radio National and Beat Magazine. 2016's highly anticipated Astral Debris album was featured on PBS and Triple R community radio, and awarded four stars by The Sydney Morning Herald.
PLEASE NOTE!! Georgia has two new live videos currently in production. They will be uploaded here by Monday 11 June 2018. Thank you.
- East-cost Afloat, Adrift tour with string quartet, including a performance at Sydney's boutique live music series 'High Tea' (SOLD OUT + waiting list) (2017).
- National 'Sky and Sea' tour with fellow Melbourne singer-songwriter Phia. 19 performances across six states states and territories, including a headline performance at Queensland's NightQuarter main stage (outdoor event with over 1,000 in attendance) (2017).
- Open Orange single launch at The Gasometer Hotel main room for Leaps & Bounds festival (2016).
- Performance at ACMI Melbourne for the 'David Bowie Is' exhibition, on tour from the V&A in London (2015).
- Live performance with string quintet from the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra for Melbourne Music Week (2013).
- Headline show with string quartet at The Famous Spiegeltent, Arts Centre Melbourne (SOLD OUT) (2012).
- National television appearance on SBS' RocKwiz, alongside Normie Rowe (2011).
- Main stage performance at Apollo Bay Music Festival with 11-piece 'Mini-Indie-Orchestra' (2011).
- Multiple appearances at Queenscliff Music Festival with 'Mini-Indie-Orchestra' (2008).
- Multiple appearances at St Kilda Festival (2007 and 2009).