Georgia Fields’ postcard-perfect pop combines the astral with the ordinary, earning her a reputation as one of Melbourne's brightest independent artists.
Brimming with an intoxicating melodicism, Fields’ stellar song-craft draws on influences as far-reaching as Greek mythology, lunar folklore and the succulent anatomy of citrus fruits. Featuring an eclectic menagerie of sounds – from vintage casios and shimmering omnichords, to vocal loops and electric guitar – Fields' captivating solo show is full of wit and wonder: “intelligent, seductive and touched by a vividly-blooming magic” (The Autumn Roses, USA).
Georgia Fields has been performing, producing and releasing original music independently for over a decade. Since the release of her acclaimed 2007 debut EP Drama on the High Seas of Emotion (with over 700 album covers lovingly hand-made from vintage Little Golden Books), Fields assembled her 11-piece 'Mini-Indie-Orchestra', performed on national television for SBS’ RocKwiz, and continues to tour nationally. Her 2010 self-titled Georgia Fields LP was named Album of the Week for ABC Radio National and Beat Magazine. 2016's highly anticipated Astral Debris album was featured on PBS and Triple R community radio, and awarded four stars by The Sydney Morning Herald who declared, "Georgia Fields dreams in fantastic Technicolor".
Georgia Fields: selected performance highlights
- East-cost Afloat, Adrift tour with string quartet, including a performance at Sydney's boutique live music series 'High Tea' (SOLD OUT + waiting list) (2017).
- National 'Sky and Sea' tour with fellow Melbourne singer-songwriter Phia. 19 performances across six states states and territories, including a headline performance at Queensland's NightQuarter main stage (outdoor event with over 1,000 in attendance) (2017).
- Open Orange single launch at The Gasometer Hotel main room for Leaps & Bounds festival (2016).
- Performance at ACMI Melbourne for the 'David Bowie Is' exhibition, on tour from the V&A in London (2015).
- Live performance with string quintet from the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra for Melbourne Music Week (2013).
- Headline show with string quartet at The Famous Spiegeltent, Arts Centre Melbourne (SOLD OUT) (2012).
- National television appearance on SBS' RocKwiz, alongside Normie Rowe (2011).
- Main stage performance at Apollo Bay Music Festival with 11-piece 'Mini-Indie-Orchestra' (2011).
- Multiple appearances at Queenscliff Music Festival with 'Mini-Indie-Orchestra' (2008).
- Multiple appearances at St Kilda Festival (2007 and 2009).
Official publicity photos:
High res images available on request.